In het kort
Do you like managing application landscapes? Do you feel responsible for how applications support business and customer processes? Are you curious how you can support the digital transformation of a Retail Bank? We are looking for you!
Over de functie
What does an Application Manager Retail Banking IT do?
As an Application Manager Retail Banking IT at NIBC you are responsible for an adequate, functional and stable application landscape for Retail Banking customers and employees. As a senior colleague you are responsible for the life-cycle management of all applications that fall under your care, which is a mix of approximately 10 SaaS and on-premise applications. You do this from a complete end-to-end perspective with all relevant stakeholders in the Retail Banking value chain. NIBC is moving towards the cloud, using more SaaS solutions, and at the same time they are looking for possibilities to rationalize their application landscape. You will have a pivotal role in leading and guiding the team towards these objectives. This requires close cooperation within the team, but also with vendors and other IT colleagues to work together and to create support where necessary. Furthermore:
- You guarantee the quality and continuity of your own IT business services by primarily preventing incidents and, secondarily, resolving the incidents as quickly and effectively as possible. Sometimes this requires work outside business hours.
- You guide and coach your colleague Application Managers to let them grow professionally.
- You manage and coordinate IT service management processes (incident, problem, change) for your applications, you are the bridge between suppliers, IT colleagues and Business colleagues, and you are continuously looking for opportunities to improve IT processes and services.
- You are (partly) responsible for -or participate in- the relevant IT changes/projects as well as for the final acceptance of these changes/projects on your applications.
What do you bring?
You are the linking pin between Business and IT. You add value by your experience and knowledge within their area. You have strong communication skills, are creative, entrepreneurial, emphatic and you know how to work together with different disciplines. You are not afraid to ask questions and you understand that technology is about people. In their area they work a lot with external vendors and external employees, it is important you know how to spread your knowledge:
- You operate on an WO or HBO level – with focus on IT, preferably with a technical background.
- You have at least 7 years work experience on managing multiple applications, including full responsibility for lifecycle management, preferably within Financial Services.
- Fluent in Dutch and preferably English speaking.
- You are capable of coaching and helping colleagues on behavior as well as content.
- You love to solve incidents and make sure they don’t happen again.
- You keep cool in stressful times.
- You are solution oriented and strive to get the best results.
- Knowledge of the most recent ITIL framework, ASL and/or BiSL is preferred.
- You are experienced in working in Agile/Scrum teams (pre: DevOps).
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to ‘codesign your own job description’.
- A standard working week of 40 hours, enabling you to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- An annual personal development budget, to be spent at your discretion.
- Activity based working, enabling you to choose the right time and place to do your job properly: as for now, at NIBC they work from home as much as possible, until decided otherwise.
- Continuous feedback is aimed at your results and developing your skills.
- Vitality program in support of a healthy and sustainable lifestyle.
- Annual companywide sports & leisure day (virtual).
- No vacation registration (and officially 31 holidays).
- And, of course, a competitive salary.
About the organization
NIBC is evolving from a financial service provider to a digital company in banking. They share a forward-thinking, can-do attitude with their clients, which they call their “THINK YES” mentality. Whenever the business departments identify a market opportunity, NIBC IT has to follow up quickly to satisfy their clients’ needs. IT aims to be one of the driving forces behind the digital transformation of the bank, an ongoing process that will profoundly change the relationship with their clients and the way they do business. They are closely connected, have few management levels and short lines of communication. If you have a good idea today, you may be executing it tomorrow. “Work hard, play hard” applies to the prevailing atmosphere, which is professional and informal at the same time. Find out more about NIBC.
The Retail Banking IT team:
A multidisciplinary team in which several competences are present, like Application Managers, Business Analysts, Data Engineers, Change Leads etc. The team consists of different ages, nationalities and backgrounds. NIBC strives for an informal, collegial atmosphere where respect, trust and appreciation are core values. Within this team the Application Managers are responsible for the continuity and development of the Retail Banking applications within the bank. They make sure all Retail Banking applications run flawless and prevent issues or solve them quick. And they continuously improve their IT-landscape by innovation-projects and changes. You will make the small, dedicated team stronger. Your manager steers on your advice, and you act as a sparring partner and specialist for all competences in the team.
Solliciteer op deze te gekke functie
Meer weten over deze vacature?
Maak dan een afspraak met Hilko