In het kort
Aurea Imaging is one of the leading companies in development of digital solutions for agriculture! The CTO will define how our technology will look like in the future
Over de functie
Using the Aurea Imaging technology empowers farmers to farm much more sustainably! Using their technology they are able to provide each tree the exact needs to grow efficiently to reach its full potential. Resulting in the reduction of pesticides by 90% and realizing a predictable output! Future proof technology for farming in a conscious world.
How do we do this?
Using drones, IoT & data analytics, Aurea develops their 'Crop Intelligence' to fully understand, model and advice the agricultural sector, using the latest innovations in agronomic data science following the scrum framework. They serve clients in the plant breeding sector as well as growers of fruit and vegetables on 4 continents.
As Chief Technology Officer (CTO) you will get one of the most critical roles within our technology company. You are responsible for all engineering and R&D activities ranging from software, mechanical and electrical engineering. You will interact daily with the software & hardware teams, partners and suppliers. Your team consists of 12 software engineers, 3 product owners and is rapidly growing.
Aurea has a softwaresuite of crop-specific GIS analytics, build largely in Python and running hybrid on-premise and in Google Cloud using microservices. It subcontracts local drone operators but works to build a ‘Tractor Mounted Sensor’ incl edge processing for the next level of orchard analytics.
– The CTO is responsible to develop and communicate the technical vision on development, both internal and external to clients and partners,
– CTO should manage/coach product owners and team managers of the development teams,
– Together with the management team (CEO and COO), you’re working on strategic development of the company,
– Ideally comes from the ranks of engineering and moved into operations and business before assuming the CTO role,
– Be a pragmatic problem solver in a quickly evolving company and a dynamic industry of agriculture,
– Shouldn't be a micro-manager, our colleagues and teams are performing well within their day-to-day activities,
– Based in the Netherlands and legally allowed to work
Why you should go for this opportunity?
– A chance to have a lasting, positive impact on the future of digital, sustainable agriculture and a better world!
– Opportunity to explore and investigate topics of interest within the domain of Crop Intelligence
– A flexible, professional environment where everyone gets opportunities to develop both their personal and professional skills
– Competitive salarypackage including stock options
– Modern hybrid working environment
Solliciteer op deze te gekke functie
Meer weten over deze vacature?
Maak dan een afspraak met Fred