In het kort
Do you want to a play a vital role in establishing and optimizing existing and future solutions, while at the same time being in direct contact with customers and development teams? Are you enthusiastic about working in an agile environment, about designing, implementing and maintaining web applications? Do you want to work with the latest technology? We got the job for you!
Over de functie
What does an Operations Engineer do?
As new projects are coming, our client Netcompany is looking for more young and ambitious colleagues to join them in this adventure. Now, Netcompany is looking for an Operations Engineer who will cooperate in their international teams together with skilled colleagues from the NL team.
What are you going to do?
- Manage one or more business-critical systems, ensure continuous and correct monitoring and ensure backups. This also includes scripting and tuning the platform;
- Collaborate with other team members on security, problem solving and tooling and process optimization as well as participate in safety testing and incident, problem and change management;
- Using a wide variety of open-source technologies and various tools;
- Maintaining Microsoft-based and non-Microsoft-based environments for various projects based on Azure, SharePoint, VM's, Microsoft SQL servers, CRM, and others;
- Reporting internally on tasks, activities, and SLA goals;
- Responding to customer requests, change management cycle, incidents etc. based on ITIL practices.
What do you bring?
As a person you are independent and self-driven, you are ready to take responsibility from day one. You have good English skills, both written and spoken. You’re also a great team player, ready to go for an extra mile for your colleagues. Being up to date with new technologies and knowledge-sharing is important to you. You are structured, able to organize your time and document your work.
Recently you have completed a technical study at a university or a university of applied sciences. Maybe you already have some knowledge, but at least you are interested and willing to learn (more) about the following topics:
- Microsoft infrastructure and servers
- Writing scripts in PowerShell
- Cloud Security principles
- Kubernetes (AKS, GKE, EKS)
- Azure and other Cloud Solutions
What's in it for you?
You will work in an informal project team at the office in Delft. You will be able to develop yourself and Netcompany will stimulate further growth. They do this by means of their own Netcompany Academy, active knowledge groups and a personal growth path that will start working on from day one. For the right balance, there is Afterdark: our their entertainment platform with various activities such as: BBQ, cooking together, sports, drinks, gaming and development.
You can also expect:
- Competitive salary;
- An excellent pension scheme;
- Travel allowance;
- A good balance between work & private life;
- Your own mentor;
- The opportunity to work internationally, for example at the head office in Denmark or at their branch office in Vietnam;
- Five days per year to follow training courses;
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home;
- A lot of freedom, trust and responsibility;
- Daily provided lunch.
About the organization
Netcompany was founded in 2000 and has since become one of the most successful IT companies in Northern Europe with, in addition to the Netherlands, offices in Denmark, Norway, Poland, the United Kingdom and Vietnam. Worldwide Netcompany employs more than 3000 of the most competent IT specialists. Their informal culture is characterised by commitment, flexibility and cooperation with both colleagues and clients.
In The Netherlands they work with 175 professionals on innovative projects, mainly for the Government. They strive for the highest quality, but from an informal setting, because they believe that this is how you get the best results.
Solliciteer op deze te gekke functie
Meer weten over deze vacature?
Maak dan een afspraak met Irian