In het kort
We are looking for an Agile Test Manager, who will help our client take the next step in their Agile way of working. In your role you will be responsible for the implementation of standards and best practices by showing how, supporting others in execution and governing standards once implemented.
Over de functie
What does a Test Manager do?
As an Agile Test Manager within the Retail IT domain you will be the test expert. Your role is key to ensure changes are tested according to the standards of our client, NIBC. They are looking for a senior who acts as a coach for the operational teams, but knows how to quickly master more complex projects and performs (risks-based) testing. Therefore you will be coaching, planning and coordinating the testing work in order guide your domain colleagues in their day to day work to ensure Quality standards are met and understood. Next to that you are expected to test in some cases yourself as well to ensure standards are met for a quicker release for development. The testing standards you define together with our other Agile test managers and the lead of the Test Management CoE (Center of Expertise).
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Be the Agile test manager between testing, coaching others and define standards, guidelines and best practices to implement these within the development teams and projects of Retail IT.
- Collaborate with the other Agile test managers and the COE lead to refine our roadmap towards DevOps for Test Management.
- Shape the domain Scrum teams to get their testing ready for CI/CD.
- Build up knowledge about testing within the Scrum teams.
- Be Agile test manager for large strategic projects.
What do you bring?
You are experienced in testing and bring together the combination of a strong theoretic fundament and a good share of experience. You enjoy driving change and setting standards. Whilst at the same time you are also able to coach and support on operational level and help your colleagues build, maintain and run their tests. The Agile Test Manager brings:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience as an Agile test manager/ test coach. Preferably within an agile environment;
- Fluent in Dutch and English – written and verbal;
- Mixed skills of a strategic view with hands-on mentality, someone who like to test him/herself if required;
- Good fundament in test methodologies (e.g. TMap, ISTQB);
- Consultancy skills: analytical, advising, coaching, training;
- Leadership qualities such as coaching and informal leading teams;
- Experienced in test automation and/ or the testing of integrations is a plus;
- Preferably certified CAT (certified Agile Tester) and / or ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) is a plus.
An assessment will be part of the application procedure.
What's in it for you?
- The opportunity to ‘codesign your own job description’.
- A standard working week of 32-40 hours, enabling you to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- An annual personal development budget, to be spent at your discretion.
- Activity based working, enabling you to choose the right time and place to do your job properly: as for now, at NIBC they work from home as much as possible, until decided otherwise.
- Continuous feedback from your manager and coworkers is aimed at your results and developing your skills.
- Vitality program in support of a healthy and sustainable lifestyle.
- Online (teambuilding) activities.
- First-class commuting by train.
- No vacation registration and officially 31 holidays.
- And, of course, a competitive salary.
About the organization
NIBC is evolving from a financial service provider to a digital company in banking. They share a forward-thinking, can-do attitude with their clients, which they call their “THINK YES” mentality. Whenever their business departments identify a market opportunity, NIBC IT has to follow up quickly to enable satisfying their clients’ needs. IT aims to be one of the driving forces behind the digital transformation of the bank, an ongoing process that will profoundly change the relationship with their clients and the way they do business. NIBC is
closely connected, has few management levels and short lines of communication. If you have a good idea today, you may be elaborating it tomorrow. “Work hard, play hard” applies to the prevailing atmosphere, which is professional and informal at the same time.
The Retail Banking IT team:
This team is a multi-disciplinary team that develops and maintains all applications for their Retail Bank (NIBC Direct savings and mortgages). The team consists of business analysts, application managers, data/BI engineers, Salesforce engineers, integration engineers, an Agile test manager, a service manager and a project manager. Their ambition is to move towards a DevOps team that helps their Retail Bank to select, acquire and develop the applications that will support their customers’ in their decisive moments.
Solliciteer op deze te gekke functie
Meer weten over deze vacature?
Maak dan een afspraak met Hilko