THALES Lead architect is leading a team of subject matter experts (Architects) that partner with a technical team of the customer. The integrated architecture team team develops solutions that enables information driven action. The information controlled mission Solution Architect delivers operational advantage to Armed Forces on the battlefield through the delivery of modern, robust and user-friendly communication systems. We ensure end-to-end connectivity from large command posts to the tactical edge where no civilian communication means exists.
You will be involved in the capture and the execution of a large military Tactical Network System for the benefit of the Royal Netherlands Army. The project requires collaborating with several European THALES business units. Technologies involved in this multi-year program spans from networking, security, virtualization, embedded systems, element management system, tactical vehicle integration and integrated logistic support. Integrated in the project capture team, you will have a direct customer interface for all technical matters.
You are responsible for the network solution design, you evaluate and manage the project technical risks, you ensure that the commitment for the participating parties (internal and sub-contractors). You produce necessary technical documentation (system design / interfaces) and manage customer and internal presentation. You will report directly to the Vice President of Thales Huizen and to the project manager
You graduated with a Master of Engineering or Computer Science or in University, and you have significant experience in architecture and engineering systems. Experience in military communication systems is a plus. You are a technical leader willing to engage international teams with collaborative work and challenging approaches. You are responsible and show a great sense of initiative. You are convincing and persuasive. You like to be involved with the customer. You have good communication and relationship skills.
You are familiar with a wide range of Computer and Networking hardware (preferably Cisco) and you are also familiar with constraint networks protocols. You have of also knowledge of embedded systems.
You are able to work on multiple activities con-currently and effectively self-manage (autonomy).
You are able to work in co-engineering.
You are familiar with Concept, Design, Experimentation and Simulation tools, as well as modelling tools (such as MBSE).
You are familiar with working with Integration Verification Validation Qualification and Agile methods.
Behavioral Good communication skills, both written and verbal
Proven problem solving and analytic skills with a track record of successful outcomes
Recognized for ability to engage stakeholders at all levels of the organization and externally with customers.
You are able to work under pressure
Strong business acumen and ability to identify and address issues within a complex business environment
Capable of developing strong relationships across the business through excellent customer service
Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering or Computer Science discipline or any other relevant fields, with 10 years of relevant experience. The candidate has an in-depth understanding of network security. Security The candidate shall be able to have a security clearance up to NATO SECRET Dutch candidates are preferred Language The candidate is mastering Dutch and English. French is a plus.
• A challenging job in a great team within our high-tech, innovative work environment.
• Room for personal and professional growth within our organization, for example in regards to technical, commercial or international skills;
• Valuable international collaboration with coworkers from 68 different countries around the globe;
• A comfortable work space in a modern environment, with a focus on flexibility and the right work life balance;
• You can usually work where and when you want to be able to do your work as well and efficiently as possible. Within Thales we implement hybrid working, where you can, for example, work from home two days a week if your role allows it;
• A good salary, fitting travel allowance, and the ability to personalize your employment conditions: for instance, you can trade days off for internet costs, our bicycle plan, company fitness and relocation costs;
• 40 days off per year (PTO).